About the Cancer Impact Fund –The Cancer Impact Fund (CIF) is the first early-stage impact venture capital fund designed to impact cancer by developing innovations and commercializing promising cancer research for preventions, therapies, cures, and enabling technologies. Learn more at www.CancerImpactFund.com.
About the Position – CIF is seeking outstanding candidates to help grow both the CIF and its’ portfolio companies’ teams. Successful interns will gain valuable work experience and may have the opportunity to move into apprenticeship with CIF or one of its portfolio companies. Interns can expect to work 10-15 hours per week at the CIF offices, remotely, and offsite at events and meetings.
About you – Prior work experience is optional, but passion, enthusiasm, and commitment are definitely required. If you’re the ideal candidate, then you’re as passionate about our mission as we are, and able to work independently in an unstructured environment where initiative, creativity, maturity and enthusiasm for learning are highly valued.
Roles & Responsibilities – Interns will work with CIF’s executive,marketing, and sales teams on the following:
- Develop and design corporate identity packages, including logos, icons, brand standards, and branding guides
- Design creative content for events and Tradeshows, including presentations, displays and sales decks
- Design digital collateral including emails, landing pages, websites, social media, display ads and infographics
- Create and manage content database for images, videos, illustrations, and animations
- Create product models and mockups
- Design for multiple variations of an asset when necessary for delivery
- Be able to develop storyboards and fully explain creative choices made to arrive at submitted work, both verbally and in written form
- Hand draw sketches/mockups of graphics/elements to gather feedback from stakeholders in early phases of projects
- Establish relationships with senior level personnel
- Proficiency with standard social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Significant level of maturity and the ability to work as a team and to work independently interfacing with top company executives and senior management.
- Highly organized, with the initiative and ability to work with limited supervision.
- Must have good time management skills and be able to prioritize multiple projects.
- A working knowledge of personal computer usage (PC and Mac). Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop or Creative Suite 6 or higher, and Microsoft Office 2007 or higher.
- A basic understanding of web/Internet design and production.
- Associates Degree in General Studies with course work in fine arts/graphic design or an art institute equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in fine arts preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Compensation– This CIF internship is a great opportunity to help make a difference and gain real world experience, however, it is an unpaid position. Successful interns may have the opportunity to join the CIF team as a graphic design specialist.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
- Graphic Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Phoenix, AZ (Required)
Overtime often available:
To apply for this job please click here.