The Program Effectiveness department at Heifer International is in search of an intern to assist with the visualization and brand standardization of key internal framework components and documents. The intern will use their skills and creativity in the digital space of design and communication to establish external and internal documentation to better communicate the often-complicated work developed in a way that can easily be understood by all stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
Self-starter, stellar communication skills, collaborative, motivated, creative thinker, and organized.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
Develop a package of branded and standardized MEL documents to be used as internal and external resources (50%)
- Brand and standardize the appearance of all MEL documents currently in the Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation (MEL) plan package.
- Creation of communication material as it is needed (PowerPoints, summary documents, agendas, etc.).
- Create marketing materials of MEL plan package documents to be used for Heifer’s future positioning for external funds and partnership.
Translate complex MEL processes and tools into compelling visual narratives (30%)
- Create at least two short animations videos showcasing a MEL process or a MEL tool in a fun and creative pitch
- Work closely with MEL leads to develop key messages and promote Program Effectiveness’ goals and products.
Develop data dashboards (20%)
- Develop templates and guidelines for data visualization using PowerBi to encourage a systematic capture and sharing of data from the field.
May perform other job-related duties as assigned
- A current college student with experience in communication design, graphic design, mass communication, media arts or related field.
- Knowledge of PowerBI and with knowledge of databases used as a source for visualizations.
- Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Competency in Adobe cloud applications
- Portfolio that demonstrates creativity, originality, and skills. (Required during the interview.)
- Fundamental understanding of stakeholder- packaged marketing materials
- Experience with proofing, file management, project management (MS Project), and all standard MS Office applications necessary
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the public.
- May require constant sitting and moving; working at a computer for extended periods.
- Willingness and ability to work outside of normal business hours.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse and global setting.
To apply for this job please click here.