The ideal candidate will be either a rising senior or recent graduate. The candidate must have a strong interest in pursuing a career in social media with a strong background in communications and preferably is majoring/has majored in, or has some experience with one or more of the following disciplines:
Primary Major/Strengths + Skills:
- digital media: video editing (also video creation including stop-action and GIF creation) audio editing + photography
- social media: content creation, analytics + platforms
- media studies
- liberal arts (English, history, religion, political science, music)
The internship program will require a minimum 3-month/20 hours per week (up to a maximum of 40 hours) commitment from the intern. Upon completion of the three months, Double Forte will have the option to extend the internship or perhaps hire the intern at the Account Coordinator level.
This is a paid internship whereby the intern will receive compensation for his/her work. If the intern wishes to receive college credit, Double Forte will consider the college’s prerequisites and review each case depending on school requirements. If the intern is to receive credit, he/she may forgo receiving a stipend.
Interns will report directly to an Account Director or Vice President within the company and will be assigned to at least two accounts. The intern will be integrated into the account team/s and will participate in weekly team meetings (in a verbal role) and in client meetings (in a non-verbal role).
The intern will meet on a daily basis with his/her manager to discuss the day’s assignments and on a weekly basis for the first month followed by bi-monthly basis for the remaining two months with the internship program leader. It will be imperative for the intern’s manager to keep the internship program leader apprised of the intern’s performance on a regular basis.
During the tenure of the internship, the intern will participate in a variety of training sessions taught by Double Forte staff members including:
- PR 101
- Basic Presentation Skills (how to participate in a client meeting, how to dress, etc.)
- Writing (e.g. bios, press releases, pitches)
- Influencer Relations
- Tools of the trade (e.g. Cision, Meltwater, SimilarWeb, etc.)
- The Double Forte way
The objective is to expose the intern to as much as possible to provide a holistic picture of work in a PR agency, however, the key focus of this internship position will have a strong focus on social media and the skills outlined below. The intern will also be invited to shadow other team members in developing press releases, pitch letters, pitching media, handling client situations, etc. to develop a deeper understanding of the PR industry. The intern selected should come to the agency with a basic knowledge and understanding of the following skills:
- Developing content for social media platforms
- Photography and photo-editing (photoshop, Adobe Suite, Illustrator)—bonus points if the intern possesses a natural interest or skill set around food/prop styling and in taking headshots
- Video and audio editing (e.g. producing podcasts with greater PR team)
- Assist the in-house graphic designer with various client projects throughout the internship
- Daily Media Monitoring
- Competitive Monitoring and Industry News
- Developing Speaking and Events Calendars
- Drafting press materials that may include pitches, press releases, bios, media briefs
- Attend a PR 101 Class
- Webinar Attendance
- Double Forte to train for these skills
At the beginning of the internship, the intern will be presented with a skills matrix. Upon completion of the internship, the intern’s performance will be evaluated (based on the matrix) by his/her manager, team members and the internship program leader. If the intern is seeking credit, Double Forte will comply with appropriate evaluation forms/procedures provided by the school. If appropriate, Double Forte will also provide a letter of recommendation.
If you are a “can do” person who is open to learning in a friendly, collaborative work environment and possess these skills, please apply.
When you apply, please tell us in a cover letter what appeals to you about this position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $15.00 /hour
To apply for this job please click here.