CBS Sports Network
CBS BUSINESS UNIT: CBS Television Stations
JOB TYPE: Paid Intern
JOB SCHEDULE: Part-Time
JOB LOCATION: Studio City, CA
CBS Television Stations consists of 29 owned-and-operated stations, including 16 that are part of the CBS Television Network, eight affiliates of The CW Network, three independent stations and two MyNetworkTV affiliates. Among its stations are WCBS-TV and WLNY-TV (New York), KCBS-TV and KCAL-TV (Los Angeles), WBBM-TV (Chicago), KYW-TV and WPSG-TV (Philadelphia), KTVT-TV and KTXA-TV (Dallas-Ft. Worth), KPIX-TV and KBCW-TV (San Francisco), WBZ-TV and WSBK-TV (Boston), WUPA-TV (Atlanta), WWJ-TV and WKBD-TV (Detroit), KSTW-TV (Seattle), WTOG-TV (Tampa-St. Petersburg), WCCO-TV (Minneapolis), KCNC-TV (Denver), WFOR-TV and WBFS-TV (Miami), KOVR-TV and KMAX-TV (Sacramento), KDKA-TV and WPCW-TV (Pittsburgh), WJZ-TV (Baltimore), as well as WCCO-TV´s satellite stations KCCO-TV (Alexandria, Minn.) and KCCW-TV (Walker, Minn.).
KCBS2/KCAL9 TV, the CBS Owned & Operated Duopoly in Los Angeles (Studio City, CA), is looking for a Creative Services Intern. Candidate will have the opportunity to experience how a major Broadcast News Television Station operates, specifically the opportunity to see and work with all aspects of promotion and graphic design. Internship programs are for approximately 12 weeks and conclude at the end of the semester.
Candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Must have a strong interest in promotion, marketing, graphic design and television industry
- Must have excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook)
- Added skills in Creative software a plus (Photoshop, Illustrator, Final Cut, In-Design)
- Ability to use Social Media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Innovative idea generator, able to think outside the box to create unique opportunities
- Established history of delivering projects on-time
- Strong attention to detail, organization, and ability to handle multiple projects at once
- Self-sufficient, ability to find answers or present possible solutions before asking questions
- Assist Promotion Writer/Producers produce spots promoting our news casts, create Station IDs and Holiday IDs.
- Working closely with departments that have day-to-day interaction with Creative Services (News Department, Sales – Marketing Department and Sports)
- Assist production team on promotion and commercial shoots
- Help our print design team create graphics and templates for sales proposals and presentations
- Work with News Graphic Designers to gather elements to create and produce graphics for various news casts
- Administrative support related to daily operations of the Creative Services Department.
Minimum Education Level:
- Must be enrolled in a full-time accredited college or university.
- Must receive course credit, and/or provide a letter of acknowledgement from direct advisor stating that this internship will directly benefit candidates degree
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR AN INTERVIEW. WE REGRET THAT WE CANNOT ACCEPT PHONE CALLS OR RESPOND TO INDIVIDUAL INQUIRIES.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
To apply for this job please click here.