Greening Youth Foundation
The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Forest Service (FS) seeks a Resource Assistant (RA) to perform as a Communication Specialist Intern to support the Rocky Mountain Region’s priorities: improving our work environment, creating and maintaining resilient landscapes, and connecting with communities. Responsibilities may include planning, organizing, and/or developing a range of communication products or tools. Projects and assignments will support outreach and engagement opportunities in support of the regional priorities.
The RA may work on a variety of communication projects and products, such as:
- Communication – Help to develop communication products or tools that will be used to share information with employees and the public.
- Engagement – Help to plan the logistics for meetings and workshops and assist with meetings management.
- Technology – Use technology such as websites, SharePoint sites, interactive story maps and/or spatial or geographic data to share information.
- Survey – Conduct interviews and/or use sensing tools to gain intelligence on communication and engagement needs.
- Outreach – Help more people awaken and strengthen their connection to the land, whether through employment, partnership, recreation, or other forms of engagement.
- Help implement communications projects and strategies
- Draft and edit materials and communication copy
- Collect data and maintain databases
- Facilitate effective internal communications
- Prepare presentations and communication products for internal and external use
- Must be between 18 and 35 years of age
- Must hold at least a bachelor’s degree in Communication, Management, Arts, Science, or a related field
- Must be U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident or U.S. national
- Must be able to pass a federal background check
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $12.50 to $17.00 /hour
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- One location
To apply for this job please click here.