Are you a creative story teller who enjoys developing social media / advertising campaigns and event planning? If so, we have the internship for you.
We have 2 Marketing Internships located in Denver, CO for the summer of 2019 within the areas. During this internship you will have the opportunity to work on cross functional projects within all areas of marketing within Transamerica. The roles are outlined below:
Sponsorship, Thought Leadership and Content Strategy Internship:
- The Marketing Intern will be responsible for learning about Transamerica and our business, as well as the various sponsorships supported. This includes an understanding of how Transamerica is positioning itself in the marketplace and internally. This isn’t about understanding products (although a general knowledge of what we do is essential), it’s about how creating strategies and content that will help us humanize a 100-year-old company that is largely unknown by the masses.
- Another key will be helping create awareness and participation in select events within our 9,000 employees based across the country. Under the direction of the head of Sponsorships, this position will learn and have a chance to help shape our digital marketing process while supporting Transamerica’s sponsorship of the American Heart Association, Alzheimer’s Association, Habitat for Humanity, Colorado Rapids, Rock n Roll Marathon Series, PGA and LPGA golfers. While this promises to be an extremely fun and rewarding internship, this is a fast-paced position that will demand a high level of engagement and work rate.
Social Media & Brand Internship
- Responsible for the supporting organic, paid and campaign specific content for all social media channels, including the planning, creation, execution and reporting of campaigns for several departments within our company. This includes day to day communication with recruitment, HR, legal, sales and customer care, and management of editorial calendar and overall content being posted and responded to.
- Write, develop, and strategize online content production and scheduling, build an editorial calendar
- Listen for crisis, bad reviews, and negative news communications
- Create, edit, publish, and share content daily (original text, images, video, and HTML)
- Create and edit imagery or video that belongs to social media posts and advertisement
- Maintain company social media pages and profiles
- Escalate incoming posts and messages appropriately, based on company and compliance policies
- Track and analyze metrics to gain insight on traffic, demographics, and effectiveness; utilize this information to positively affect future outcomes
- Collaborate with other departments to manage company reputation, coordinate promotions, and increase reach
- Support the planning and execution of a social media influencer program
- Support the planning and execution of a social media employee advocacy program
Qualifications for both internships:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree at an accredited college or university. Prefer sophomore or Junior level candidates majoring in Communications, Business, Journalism or Marketing.
- Knowledgeable of MS Office Suite
- Candidates must be student enrolled in a college or university actively pursuing a degree. Students who graduate prior to the internship are ineligible to apply.
- Candidates must not require sponsorship for visa employment status after graduation.
- Strong organizational skills, written & verbal communications and the ability to work effectively in a team is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a social media or advertising agency.
- Experience using Sprinklr, Hootsuite, Spreadfast, Sproutsocial
At Transamerica we promote a Future Fit mindset. What is a Future Fit mindset?
- Acting as One fosters an environment of positive collaboration
- Accountability allows us to own the problem as well as the solution
- Agility inspires new ideas, innovation and challenges the status quo
- Customer Centricity encourages an above and beyond approach to our customer
- Office Environment
To apply for this job please click here.