American Distance Project
The American Distance Project, a Colorado based non-profit that supports the development of American distance runners, is looking for two sports marketing interns.
The American Distance Project (ADP) supports and coaches twenty national class and world class distance runners who compete in events ranging from 1500-meters to 10,000-meters on the track, cross country and road races, including the marathon.
The ADP’s coaching and support over its existence have resulted in:
- Four US Rio Olympians
- Over 60 US National Team members
- One national record
- Thirteen US National Champions
Interns will be responsible for developing and beginning the execution of a sports marketing sponsorship program, with a particular focus on pursuing non-traditional and non-sport corporate sponsors.
Applicants should possess the following:
- Undergraduate degree in business, journalism or other major with substantial writing experience,
- Excellent writing and editing skills,
- Persuasive public speaking ability,
- A command of all social media platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.,
- A background or strong knowledge of track & field, especially long distance running,
- Ability with PowerPoint, PhotoShop, Word etc.
- Experience in fundraising, advertisement selling, and sales is preferred.
Selected candidates do not have to relocate and can work from place of choosing. Interns will be financially compensated with a percentage of secured sponsorship dollars. A successful internship could result in a permanent position.
Interns will be supervised and mentored by the director of the American Distance project and will learn the business side of professional distance running.
Job Type: Internship
To apply for this job please click here.