Cable Television Laboratories, Inc
- Summer department activities dealing with network evolution. In particular, data mining and data analytics activities to leverage information for decision making in network design, network troubleshooting and cost analysis
- Gain understanding of cable network architectures, network elements and their relations
- Develop expertise in data mining and data analytics
- Gain appreciation for economical and technical aspects driving telecommunication industry
- Generate queries and conduct statistical analysis on databases.
- Manipulate database with elements representing the different cable and fiber network components;
- Gain understanding of database that incorporates network element functional relations and connectivity across all network layers network elements participate in;
- Simulate a portion of the cable network infrastructure and network scenarios in relation to provisioning and assessment of services as well as estimating cost of network infrastructure.
- Data mining and data analytics
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
- Experience with relational database system & languages to manage and manipulate its data (MySQL or similar)
- Understanding of database internals and design concepts (indexing and statistics)
- Data collection, correlation and analysis skills; Knowledge of networking concepts, and architectures;
- Knowledge of programing languages; Knowledge in querying databases and generating SQL scripts; Some RF and networks knowledge desirable;
- Junior or Senior pursuing Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree Student in Computer Science or EE
To apply for this job please click here.