George Washington's Mount Vernon
$10 an hour
Camp Washington Internship
Mount Vernon is offering two internships for supporting Camp Washington in summer 2019. Each internship provides opportunities to utilize and grow skills in working with elementary school-aged children in an informal learning environment. As a counselor, the interns are tasked with leading the campers in craft activities, as well as being involved with camp preparation and clean up. Each intern will be responsible for writing a paper or completing a project related to Camp Washington. Experience may count as academic credit.
The salary for this position is $10/per hour, with 10 to 15 hours during non-Camp weeks and 30 hours during camp weeks (Not to exceed 150 hours). The duration of the internship is 8 weeks, Mid-June through early August. The application is May 17, 2019.
- Work with Interpreters to learn Camp Washington content
- Work with Interpreters to learn best practices in working with 9-12 year olds
- Craft activities ; Understand responsibilities of Camp Washington Counselors
- Learn procedures of planning and implementing museum programming
- Meet each week with internship supervisor
- Keep a journal tracking activities
- Assist with Camp Washington preparation
- Teach sessions of Camp Washington ; Counsel Camp Washington
- Write a paper about experience working with Camp Washington
- Students with the following majors are encouraged to apply: Museum Education, Arts Education, Education, Early Childhood Education, Political Science, History and Communications
George Washington’s Mount Vernon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please click here.