Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is seeking a Manager, Internships and Community Programs to manage the implementation of program administration and logistics for the Internship and Apprenticeship program, Classes, and Field Trips, and supports program implementation for other Education projects as assigned by the Director and the Vice President, Education.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Internship and Apprenticeship Program
- Manage and oversee recruitment for the Internship and Apprenticeship Program by selecting and attending local and national career fairs, scheduling information sessions at the Center for Education and on college/university campuses, participating in virtual career fairs, and attending meetings with prospective intern and apprentice applicants.
- Develop relationships with college/university career services employees to determine recruitment efforts and to further market the Internship and Apprenticeship Program.
- Coordinate and manage all intern and apprentice events, including but not limited to, seminars, tours of Wolf Trap’s performance venues, networking events, and professional development opportunities for interns and apprentices participating in the Multicultural and/or Economic Diversity Initiatives.
- Manage and oversee the Campus Ambassador Program by selecting interns and apprentices to serve as ambassadors, coordinating conference calls with ambassadors, and monitoring event quality through conversations with career center staff.
- Generate and track offer letters and new employee onboarding process for Internship and Apprenticeship Program.
- Manage all marketing materials for the Internship and Apprenticeship Program by being the point of contact for the Communications and Marketing team.
- Manage the Internship and Apprenticeship Program budget.
- Manage intern and apprentice application processing and maintain all databases.
- Responsible for entering/editing internship and apprenticeship information on college/university career center web sites.
- Respond to inquiries submitted to the [email protected] email addresses.
- Program and schedule all Classes at the Center for Education.
- Responsible for on-site coordination and logistical management of Classes at the Center for Education and Wolf Trap National Park.
- Serve as the point of contact for all teachers and students.
- Generate and track contracts for Classes at the Center for Education and Wolf Trap National Park.
- Coordinate all marketing materials for Classes by being the point of contact for the Communications and Marketing team.
- Manage the budget for Classes.
- Process all registrations in Raiser’s Edge and maintain event records.
- Respond to inquiries submitted to the [email protected] and [email protected] email addresses.
- Program Field Trip performances by researching and contacting potential artists and agents; attending site-visits; and negotiating artist fees within program budget.
- Generate and track contracts and confirmations for Field Trip artists.
- Serve as the point of contact for artists and National Park Service staff.
- Responsible for on-site coordination and logistical management of Field Trips at Wolf Trap National Park.
- Process all Field Trip registrations and maintain event statistics.
- Process all transportation reimbursement requests.
- Manage the budget for Field Trip.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA in performing arts, education, or related field
- 5-7 years’ experience in arts education and program administration
- Direct experience coordinating events for the general public preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication, and customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills, with evidence of overseeing, prioritizing, and executing multiple deadlines on a regular basis
- Willingness to travel and work nights/weekends on occasion
- Ability to help students adjust to and navigate a professional work environment
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Must possess the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information, along with the ability to work cooperatively with a diverse group of people
- Proficiency in computers and appropriate software, such as Microsoft Office programs, and relationship databases required; familiarity with The Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Must pass background check
- Sensitivity and commitment to the mission of Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Wolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please click here.