The Mansion on O Street
Are you a musician or music aficionado? We are looking for a creative student to assist with our extensive musical collection and various programs at the Mansion this Summer. Our Music Intern will dive in and become an integral part of our museum by helping us curate our extensive collection of albums, photos, music memorabilia, and instruments as well as help with our live concerts, jam sessions, and more.
Resume building, real-world experience
Access to rare memorabilia, photos, and instruments (we’re home to over 60 signed guitars including Bob Dylan, U2, Bruce Springsteen and more)
Exposure to many different music genres
– Strong music & performing arts background
– Passion for music (history, instruments, live concerts)
– Extensive knowledge of music from various styles, genres, cultures and eras
– Computer skills to include MS Word, Excel and research skills using Internet resources
– Familiarity with handling of archival materials and special collections (manuscripts, visual materials, rare scores, instruments, records etc.)
– Ability to research, identify and describe archival materials in a variety of formats
– Ability to conduct an inventory of an archive, create a logical hierarchical organization, and develop a processing work plan
– Demonstrate good judgment and ability to work independently, set priorities and maintain them, and follow through on assignments. Ability to adjust priorities and procedures as directed by changing goals and objectives.
– Motivated self-starter, dependable and inquisitive
– Must be outgoing, positive, professional, tactful, creative and courteous
– Must be living in the Washington DC area
– To apply for this internship, you must currently be enrolled in an undergraduate program
This is an unpaid internship.
Within all interns first week at The Mansion on O Street, they are not given a project. Instead, they help out with different aspects of The Mansion. These tasks will not necessarily correlate to what they initially thought their internship would center on but this helps us to get to know the interns before giving them a definitive project. By having them help with spur of the moment tasks their first week, we are able to better tailor internships to be a good fit for the intern as well as for The Mansion.
About The Mansion on O Street
With our themed rooms and secret doors, we are one of the most unique properties in the world. We have been featured on the Travel Channel’s “Mega Mansions”, named a Washingtonian Magazine “Hidden Gem”, and written about in numerous best selling books and prestigious magazines including National Geographic Traveler.
Conveniently located in historic Dupont Circle, within walking distance to Embassy Row and The Phillips Collection — we offer world-class cuisine and an inspiring environment that will create lasting memories for everyone that visits.
As a private luxury hotel, events venue, and museum the Mansion is a haven for CEO’s, rock stars, celebrities, and politicians (FBI Director J.Edgar Hoover’s G-men lived here in the 30’s). We have 23 uniquely themed guest rooms & suites; a two story Log Cabin, John Lennon Suite, Mrs. Rosa Parks room (she lived with us for 10 years) a ballroom, large and small meeting spaces, a hidden wine cellar and more.
About O Street Museum
The O Street Museum Foundation promotes and embraces life, from every culture, resulting in a wide – ranging collection of paintings, photographs, sculpture, books, artifacts, and music, from all over the globe. These works celebrate life, culture, all religions, science, education, and more.
The only museum of its kind, O Street Museum Foundation has always been dedicated to exploring the creative process. The collection rotates and changes daily. From the art, to the music, to the surroundings, no visit is ever the same. From artist’s letters, to animation stills, to written manuscripts, to one of the largest “raw and exposed” music collections, our galleries are not limited to one genre.
O Street Museum offers an immersive, tactile experience where you will hear rare studio cuts, leaf through manuscripts, touch sculpture and tour through a multitude of architectural styles. We offer a wide range of programs including artist-in-residence, live concerts, art-leasing, jammin’, raw & exposed, songwriter’s workshop and children’s programs.
Mansion Philosophy: http://omansion.com/aboutus/
About O Street Museum: http://www.omuseum.org/museum/about/creative_process/
History of The Mansion: http://omansion.com/history/
Job Type: Internship
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Washington, DC (Preferred)
- United States (Required)
To apply for this job please click here.