RAYMOND JAMES FINANCIAL
Graphic Design Intern
Calling all right-brain creative thinkers.
Award-winning marketing department seeks a design intern.
Hello. We’re Raymond James marketing. You’ve learned quite a bit in your years in school, but we’re betting you didn’t know there’s a full-fledged, award-winning creative agency tucked within a financial services firm – right here in St. Pete. And, we’re looking for a production design intern, one eager to embark on a professional journey and put their academic knowledge to the test.
This isn’t your fetch-coffee-and-file-papers kind of gig. This is an add-another-great-sample-to-your-portfolio career move. Here you’ll have a chance to dig into a multitude of projects and learn first hand what it’s like to work for fast paced internal agency.
We’re looking for well-rounded artists who know that design is more than making things look pretty. Here you can get your career started on the right foot, using your knowledge and technical skills on behalf of our marketing communications and branding efforts. You should love what you do and have a book that shows it. Be conceptually strong. Be amazingly quick. Be able to juggle multiple projects, have a positive attitude and be self-motivated with attention to detail. Sure we ask a lot, but we give a lot in return. Come see.
So if you’re smart, creative, diligent, organized and raring to go, please submit your exemplary resume, a cover letter, and, of course, outstanding work samples or a link to your portfolio. We’ll be in contact soon.
Now for the details:
Interns are assigned projects based on the needs of the department, and are expected to work 15-30 hours a week and balance multiple projects at a time. Candidates must demonstrate excellent design talent, an interest in marketing, as well as strong communication, organizational and critical-thinking skills.
Our intern will spend time shadowing our graphic designers and have a mentor. The mentor would explain our systems and design templates and help prepare the intern to do design work.
Design projects would be quick-turn in nature, typically requiring up to two hours to complete. This type of work would give our intern insight into the broad spectrum of marketing materials we produce. Projects will range from updating a simple invitation to a brochure. Bigger jobs could include ads, brochures, stationery, logos, infographics, photo editing, etc. and potentially web-focused items.
Under general supervision, uses knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to assist the creative team and the rest of the marketing department staff with the design and execution of template branding and marketing communications, ensuring accuracy, timely delivery and thoughtful execution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Following the design lead and direction of the creative staff, employ technical skills and project knowledge to check for accuracy and consistency in layout, text formatting and production details.
- Independently work on the production design of marketing materials for advisors and business units.
- Work directly with clients and/or with project account managers to create complementary executions in sync with previously developed strategy and objectives.
- Manage deadlines and client expectations for projects through regular and ongoing communication.
- As part of production process, reviews all projects for overall effectiveness including both design and content.
- Maintain and organize electronic project files in the established manner set forth by the creative team and department.
- Proficiency in design programs (Adobe, Photoshop, Office, InDesign).
- Ability to collaborate across teams.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
Junior or senior standing student graduating in December 2019 or later. Preferred Majors: Graphic Design, Visual Arts, Design
Hours per week: 25-30
Desired start date: September 2019 [Read more]
To apply for this job please click here.