RAYMOND JAMES FINANCIAL
Under general supervision, Marketing Development interns get hands-on experience and exposure to various functional departments within Raymond James Marketing. The Marketing Development Internship offers different areas of focus depending on the candidate’s experience and interest.
Designed for students looking for exposure to a variety of marketing functions, the Marketing Development internship offers cross-functional and hands-on experience in the areas of account management, product management, research and analysis, corporate communications, and marketing strategy. Rather than a formal rotation, interns are assigned projects such as working with our media planning team to assess the value of a potential sponsorship; assessing the competitive landscape for social media practices and making a recommendation for strategy changes to public relations management team; analyzing digital advertising engagement and assessing the impact of different creative and media alternatives. Projects are also assigned based on their interests and the needs of each department within Marketing. High potential candidates must demonstrate excellent academic performance; an interest in marketing; and strong communication, organizational, and critical thinking skills.
- Business and/or marketing processes
- Basic concepts, practices, and procedures of project management
- Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Organization, planning, and time management
- Exercising judgment and self-direction to independently complete projects
- Business and communication skills sufficient to work in a professional environment
- Exercise initiative and problem-solving skills to independently resolve issues
- Self-manage and prioritize projects and responsibilities
- Learn new procedures independently and accurately
- Learn new software packages and systems thoroughly and efficiently
- Work across functional areas and teams to accomplish objectives
- Attention to detail while maintaining a big picture orientation
- Read, interpret, analyze, and apply information from a variety of sources
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
**Must be currently enrolled in a degree seeking program**
- Undergraduate student, set to graduate May 2020 or later.
- Pursuing a degree in marketing, advertising, business, or any related arts or sciences field (economics, psychology, math, philosophy, sociology, statistics, political science, etc.)
- GPA requirement – minimum 3.5 strongly preferred
- Must submit a cover letter expressing your interest in Raymond James Marketing
Internship will last approximately 10 – 12 weeks (duration is negotiable)
Projects may vary depending on intern’s area of focus
To apply for this job please click here.