Miami Design Preservation League
This Summer 2019, the Miami Design Preservation League is looking for a bright intern to assist the Programs and Outreach Coordinator, with special events and other programming. This is a great opportunity to:
1. Learn more about MDPL and Art Deco history,
2. Experience a “behind the scenes” look at special events, and
3. Connect with professionals in the industry!
There is no payment involved but community service hours will be awarded along with valuable experience to add to your resume.
1. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
– Greet attendees, answer questions and manage crowd flow
– Help with operational logistics (errands, tables and chairs set up)
– Distribute flyers
– Assist with Art Deco Museum exhibit installation
– Help recruiting new MDPL members
– Take pictures during the events
Please note that specific tasks may change depending on the event.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Have an interest in Historic Preservation, Arts and Culture
- The ability to work independently and in team setting
- Must be available for all events where he/she is needed
3. LENGTH OF COMMITMENT
There will be approximately 10 events this summer from June to August.
Approximately a total of 60 hours.
- Training in programming/outreach/museum exhibition preparation and organization
- Community service hours for graduation requirements
- Great addition to resume
- Possible recommendation letter
- Free museum entrance for family members
Job Type: Internship
To apply for this job please click here.