Dance Center of Florida
Each season, Dance Center of Florida offers several focused internship opportunities for students and young professionals seeking experience in the arts and arts administration. Interns will work within a dance community that brings accessible, artistic training to dancers throughout the greater Miami area. All intern positions are designed for new professionals to kick-start their career in arts administration, marketing, programming, event planning, and/or dance production/operations.
Under the guidance of experienced professionals, interns are given the necessary tools to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly-shifting environment. Interns will learn how to efficiently manage the demands on a successful dance studio and apply their academic studies to our administration and programming.
In addition to assisting staff, interns may choose to plan and execute independent projects within the focus of their internship, formed from their own artistic and academic interests. Interns are compensated with free classes at the Dance Center of Florida to develop and refine their own dance experience, community service hours, or college credits.
While each internship has a varied focus, all internships include assistance with general administrative responsibilities as well as at least 2 (2-3 hour) front desk reception shift per week to ensure that all interns are given the opportunity to connect and interact with our students, instructors, and guests.
Internship applications are accepted on a first come first serve basis for the following seasons. Interns must be available for the duration of at least one full season.
Fall (September – December)
Winter/Spring (January – May)
Summer (June – August)
The Dance Complex encourages all prospective interns to review the following internship descriptions and apply for the one that best suits their needs, availability and interests. Any questions regarding internship descriptions or requirements can be directed to management.
Social Media/Communications Internship
Social Media/Communication interns will manage social media outlets, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Youtube. Interns will also be in charge of updating our home page of our website, for which they will update with upcoming events, workshops, performances, auditions and more. Interns may also help to draft and edit press releases, project proposals, and fundraising statements.
Requirements for Applicant:
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Completed at least two years of college (taking writing-heavy classes in communications, marketing, journalism, or English) or comparable work experience
- Extensive working knowledge of various social media platforms
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and Google Drive applications
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Photoshop preferred but not required
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a constantly shifting environment
- Available for a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Completed internship application form below
- Cover letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- Preferred but not required: Writing sample (press release, article, blog post etc.) of between 200 and 400 words
- Preferred but not required: Link to a portfolio or 2-3 images of your design work in PDF or JPEG format
Job Type: Internship
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social Media Marketing: 1 year (Required)
- Adobe Photoshop: 1 year (Preferred)
- Adobe Creative Suite: 1 year (Preferred)
To apply for this job please click here.