Joie de Vivre Counseling and Therapy, LLC
Joie de Vivre Counseling and Therapy is looking to hire a summer intern with strong knowledge and understanding of the social and graphic media landscape.
The purpose of the internship is to foster continued educational and professional development. Interns will gain experience in social media marketing and graphic promotion strategy and will have the opportunity to highlight their impact on business performance. Ideally, we seek someone who is obsessed with graphic design and is creative and thoughtful. We are looking for a smart, curious, very proactive, and adaptable person with the ability to multi-task and see a creative project from start to finish.
- Working towards a degree in graphic design, visual arts, marketing, or related field.
- Must be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends.
- Responsible for content creation such as blogging and creating graphic images.
- Design marketing and business development collateral, including presentations, brochures, invitations, announcements, newsletters, advertisements, promotional items, displays/signage, logos, etc that are in line with the organization’s brand and visual identity.
- Utilize Adobe Design software applications to conceptualize and create graphics and illustrations for use in technical publications, oral presentations, and other visual communications media.
General Learning Objectives
- Apply the principles of color, composition, hierarchy, typography as they relate in the various media that exist in design.
- Demonstrate the ability to create and develop original concepts, integrate feedback and carry projects through to the production process.
- Learn to apply principles of visual communication as they relate to reaching current and potential audiences, the role of design in marketing, and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Demonstrate understanding of the design process, design thinking and professional standards and practices, including real-project learning scenarios.
- Produce design assignments using InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and supporting applications.
- Identify and improve graphic design weaknesses.
- Identify type fonts and use typographic terminology to assist in the production of professional typographic designs.
- Produce concept illustrations by hand and computer illustration for final output.
- Produce page layouts, flyers, cover designs, brochures, letterheads, and posters.
Work Schedule and Time Commitment
The internship will from May 23, 2019 through August 22, 2019. Interns are required to work a minimum 10 hours per week. Additional hours are offered based on educational requirements. Some job duties may be done from home, but candidates are required to be available on Thursdays from 12PM-7PM.
The internship is unpaid and must tie the experience to the intern’s formal education program by integrated coursework or the receipt of academic credit.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Internship
- Adobe Photoshop: 1 year (Required)
- Atlanta, GA (Required)
To apply for this job please click here.