We are: fast-growing, intellectually curious, entrepreneurial, flexible, hard-working yet fun. We offer a versatile summer internship with challenging projects aimed at expanding your business skill-set. We want you to explore your professional interests based on real-life experience by inviting you to work with 2-4 different departments.
About us: Chicago-based Azul Partners is a leading procurement technology, supply chain and commodities-focused intelligence, advisory and media company. Azul has 1.5M+ annual visitors across the portfolio and a rich book of business.
Deep analysis, market intelligence and benchmarking lie at the core of Azul’s success in addition to its editorial roots. Procurement practitioners, manufacturers, consultants, technology vendors and investors alike rely on Azul for in-depth procurement technology benchmarking and accurate metals buying strategies.
About the Opportunity
As a “swing intern” at Azul Partners, you’ll have an opportunity to enhance your business acumen during a 6-8 week project-based work experience across multiple departments.
You’ll have responsibility for several projects — launching campaigns, conducting business research, and developing innovative/improvement strategies and processes. You’ll gain exposure to four professional tracks requiring strong interpersonal, communication, writing, analytical and process management skills.
Azul Partners is a relatively small company with 25+ FTEs. The Azul team values adaptability, speed, initiative, collaboration and diversity.
- Take stock of current social footprint
- Create enhancement plan for key social networks based on best practices
- Develop and test “editorial” social voice based on editorial content output
- Create sustainable process, present new strategies to team
- Help the sales team identify and make inroads at companies that are a good fit for partnership but with whom we haven’t historically worked.
- Research software companies in the procurement space and identify the right person to contact
- Work with the Client Services team to develop the correct messaging and call to action for identified prospects
- Shadow Client Services team members as they guide prospects through our sales process
- Use your media knowledge and research skills to conduct a survey of content by other media properties
- Compare our research and content with competing firms to identify areas for improvement, differentiation
- Sharpen your audience development skills by matching our expertise with reader needs and desired formats
- Shadow analyst team to learn about market research process and understand product development initiatives
- Use your editing skills to sharpen the message in our news articles, analyst content, sponsored articles and guest posts. We use AP style.
- Hone your web production skills by producing daily stories in WordPress. Must improve SEO.
- Get experience with branded content by working with our Brand Studio clients on Thought Leadership stories and other content
- Sit in with analysts to see full arc of how stories form
The ideal candidate is an undergraduate student with an outstanding record of academic achievement and an interest in procurement technology, supply chain and metals commodities.
You should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Be able to handle multiple assignments, work well on a team, employ excellent organizational and time management skills, and display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, recently obtained in Business or Liberal Arts
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Ability to work in a dynamic, collaborative environment
- Good analytical, problem-solving and project management skills
- Proficiency in digital media and social media platforms
- Self-starter, multi-tasker with entrepreneurial drive
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently
- Impeccable organizational, writing and communication skills
This is a paid internship.
If this sounds like a good fit for you – and you meet the requirements – we strongly encourage you to apply.
To apply for this job please click here.