What You’ll Do
- Contribute written content for communications materials, including web sites, newsletters, marketing materials, internal communications, public relations, social media and more.
- Assist the production of organizational publications for external audiences, including parent and physician newsletters.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, and promoting events aimed at providing ChildServe exposure within the community.
- Generate newsworthy ideas for newspaper articles and other media coverage.
- Identify opportunities for feature story profiles; coordinate with families and staff to conduct interviews and information to accurately tell each family’s story.
- Support ChildServe at community events and functions.
- Assist in the development and ensure the implementation of the organization’s communications strategy and processes.
- Write and produce email-based newsletters for partners, staff, families and referral sources.
- Coordinate and contribute to external print publications and ensure timely completion. 10. Support ChildServe’s social media presence by providing content for our accounts across various platforms.
- Edit written content and manage the production of The Communicator – ChildServe’s staff newsletter.
- Support the planning, coordination, and promotion of internal events, and produce communication materials to support such events.
- Assist in the collection of ChildServe photo/video release authorizations and maintain database records.
- Complete administrative work as needed, including organizing mailings, filing, and general office duties.
- Demonstrate effective conflict resolution, team building, and positive communication skills when interacting with others.
Position will be paid.
- Internship available Summer 2019
- Monday – Friday during normal office hours
- Number of hours per week is flexible, but at least 8 hours
What You’ll Need
- Currently enrolled junior or senior-level college student majoring in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, English or other related field.
- Exceptional writing skills and knowledge of AP style.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop preferred but not required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with enthusiasm and creativity.
- Consistent attention to detail and production of accurate work.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and be a self-starter who can perform under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively in reading, writing, and speaking the English language.
Who We Are
At ChildServe, no position is ever “just a job.” When you join our team, you’ll leave work every day knowing that you’ve made a positive difference for children with special healthcare needs and their families.
We serve nearly 4,500 children each year through our wide range of specialty pediatric healthcare programs and services in Ames, Des Moines and Iowa City. We hire many positions, from expert caregivers, medical professionals, administrative staff (and everything in between). Each team member plays an important role in fulfilling our mission: We partner with families help children with special healthcare needs live a great life.
ChildServe has been a Top Workplace in Iowa for five years running, thanks to our passionate team and our commitment to outstanding care. If you’re ready to help families move Forward Together with support fromChildServe, apply today.
To apply for this job please click here.