Mano en Mano
Mano en Mano is seeking summer staff to work as part of our 2019 Blueberry Harvest School (BHS).
Our Summer Interns will be supporting summer services within the Maine Migrant Education Program, which provides culturally relevant learning experiences and activities that aim to prevent summer learning loss for migrant students across the state. In particular, Summer Associates will be involved in the Blueberry Harvest School, a month-long summer program for migrant students in Washington County during the annual blueberry harvest. Summer Associates will assist with planning activities and preparing materials to support summer learning opportunities and events with students. During the Blueberry Harvest School, they will work closely with our teaching staff to support daily program activities. They will also receive training related to lesson and activity planning, supporting and responding to student behaviors, and other topics relevant to our programming.
Available AmeriCorps Summer Associate positions:
- 3 AmeriCorps Summer Associates (age groups: 3-4, 5-6, 7-8, 9-10, Sports/Outdoor, Arts/Music)
2019 Blueberry Harvest School Staffing Structure and Summer Associate Job Description (click here) (https://www.dropbox.com/s/pch6nuus6fxglxv/2019%20BHS%20Hiring%20Information%2C%20Summer%20Associates.pdf?dl=0)
- Please follow the link above to review more detailed information about the Blueberry Harvest School and available job descriptions.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents for consideration:
Brief Cover letter, with the following included:
- Tell us a little about yourself, and why you’re applying.
- Clearly outline 1) how your qualifications match those listed in the job description, 2) the specific skills and knowledge or accomplishments you bring to the job and how they are a good fit with the requirements and responsibilities of this position.
- Describe how your work experience reflects your commitment to equity and social justice within the field of education and/or community building.
- Note: Summer Associates will be employed by Goodwill Industries of Northern New England through its AmeriCorps program and placed at Mano en Mano. Mano en Mano will conduct interviews, select candidates, and then facilitate the application process with Goodwill Industries. Summer Associates will work with Mano en Mano for a term of 10 weeks (expected dates: June 17-August 25).
Summer Associates receive a monthly living stipend of $1,026 AND have the choice of an education award of $1,230.69 OR a $250 cash payout upon successful completion of the term.
No-cost housing is provided by Mano en Mano at Schoodic Institute in Winter Harbor, ME. Summer Associates will have a private bedroom in a shared apartment with other summer associates. While we will do our best to honor housing requests, we can only guarantee gender-neutral apartments (ie a private bedroom in an apartment shared with members of multiple genders).
To apply for this job please click here.