What’s in it for you?
Vectorworks, Inc. seeks a Video Production Intern to join our team for a dynamic internship opportunity for the summer 2019 semester. We’re looking for an up-and-coming videographer who wants to gain real world experience working on media projects that support corporate marketing objectives.
It’s an exciting time to join the Vectorworks family, and we hope you’ll take the time to learn more about our internship opportunities and working with our Marketing team in our Columbia, Maryland office.
In this role, you should expect to:
- Assist the Video Production Specialist in the creation and production of media content for the purposes of brand awareness and marketing.
- Complete post-production work including: assembling raw footage, research and assist in script-writing, video cutting and editing, music selection, delivery of rough and final products
- Consult with the director, industry experts, and other stakeholders throughout the post-production process
- Experiment with styles and techniques, including the design of graphic elements, and the editing of sound and light, to ensure a high-quality viewing experience using video editing equipment
Why do you want this job? Because you are:
- A creative problem-solver with strong technical and interpersonal communication skills
- A hard-working and dedicated college junior, senior, or recent graduate (no more than 6 months upon graduation) who is looking to gain valuable work experience in the field of video production and marketing
- A self-starter with the ability to show initiative, multi-task, prioritize, and meet deadlines
Why do we want you? Because you have:
- Background in film, video, theater, design, or related field
- Previous experience with film editing, and familiarity using Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects, and Audition software
Strong audio-editing skills
Attention to detail and a willingness to work in a team environment
Eligibility requirements for internships:
- Internships requires working a minimum of 16 hours per week with a maximum of 40 hours per week
- You must be at least 18 years of age, enrolled in an undergraduate program entering your junior or senior year, enrolled in a graduate program, or a recent graduate (no more than 6 months upon graduation)
- This is a paid internship and compensation will be based on applicant’s qualifications. We currently do not provide housing, relocation, or transportation reimbursement
- Interns are not eligible for company benefits
2019 Internship sessions:
- Summer: June 3 – Aug 23
- Fall: Sept 9 – Dec 13
Vectorworks Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
To apply for this job please click here.