Global Echoes Radio
We are seeking undergraduate communications majors and recent grads to assist us in cultivating our radio brand, through digital media and other tools at our disposal. This includes on-air exposure and hands on broadcasting production. This part-time unpaid summer internship would be three months long at approximately 10-15 hours weekly, starting in June and ending in August.
WNTN 1550am Radio was founded in 1968 in Newton, Massachusetts. In 2017, it was sold to longtime Grecian Echoes Radio host Teddy Demetriades in 2016. The station was relocated to Needham, MA and was rebranded to create Global Echoes Radio: Boston’s Hub for International Radio.
Global Echoes provides programming opportunities for local ethnic communities including, but not limited to Greek, Armenian, Italian, and Irish to have the voice heard on the air. We host ethnic music programs, talk shows, and regularly feature special guests and live performers.
Responsibilities and Duties
– Management of social media accounts, creating engaging social media posts and content.
– Assisting with general operations such as creating music programs, news reports, etc.
– Light research of potential clients.
Qualifications and Skills
– Current college undergraduate students or recent grads preferred.
– Communications, journalism, media or related major.
– Experience managing social media.
– Interest in brand development.
– Microsoft Office Proficiency.
– Outgoing personality.
– Interest in music is a plus.
-Interest in learning about radio and how it all works.
-Very hands on internship, you will learn a lot and be involved in media production right away. You’ll likely be on air within the first week of the internship!
-Can be used toward college credit, with approval from college.
Recently completed internship references available upon request.
Job Type: Internship
To apply for this job please click here.