Compass Group USA
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Restaurant Associates is recognized as the nation’s premier hospitality company, operating over 170 prestigious locations. Restaurant Associates, based in New York City, provides premium food services to museums, performing arts centers, aquariums, corporate dining, educational facilities and off-premise catering events in New York City, Boston, Hartford, Atlanta, Chicago, Washington D.C., and Philadelphia. Restaurant Associates is a subsidiary of Compass Group North America, the world’s leading foodservice organization.
At RA, food is inspiration. Our unmatched culture of hospitality excellence enables us to provide memorable experiences for premier clients. We empower many to be their best though delicious food that happens to be “better-for-you” and the planet.
- Dedication to Quality
- Spirit of Ownership
- Commitment to Talent & Diversity
- Responsible Citizenship
- Passion for Hospitality
- Interest in the hospitality & service industry
- Attitude of a leader
- Enjoyment of inspiring others
- Great interpersonal skills
- Awareness of sustainability practices
- Interest in one or more of the following:
- Carbon “Foodprint”
- Farm to Fork
- Quality Assurance
Job Responsibilities (May include any/all):
- Executing operational standards
- Financials, Profit & Loss (P+L), Loss Prevention
- Safety & Quality Assurance: Safe food in a safe environment
- Assuring an exceptional guest experience
- Client Relations & Contractual Commitments
- Associate learning & development
- Operational support of serving platforms
- Working in different settings: FOH, BOH, Catering, Marketing & Administration
- People management (schedules, time management)
- Inventory management
- Demonstrate awareness, understanding & skills necessary to work in a diverse environment
- Experience opportunities to learn, observe, & practice a variety of experiences in the world of hospitality
As an intern, you will be working closely with Compass Group leaders developing skills and competencies to be successful in the hospitality and service industry. You will gain valuable experience in the following areas: operations, marketing, administration, guest services, problem solving, planning and implementation of innovative projects, and client relationship skills. This internship involves hands-on experiences which will provide opportunities for your personal success and development.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university or technical program to receive credit or hands on experience
- Learn, observe and practice a variety of experiences in our industry.
- Demonstrate awareness, understanding and skills necessary to work in a diverse environment
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Detailed oriented
- Project management
- Self-directed, proactive and curious
- Flexible and adaptable
- Interest in the hospitality and service industry
- Attitude of a leader
- Enjoy building relationships
- This position is paid, but not eligible for benefits such as medical, relocation, or housing.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 274995
To apply for this job please click here.