Twin Cities Public Television
DIGITAL CONTENT INTERNSHIP
At Twin Cities PBS (TPT), we believe no story should be left untold. Throughout our region, we find stories of culture and innovation that impact our communities. Come learn at TPT, and enrich the lives of those around us through the power of public media through our Digital Content Internship.
This position is paid minimum wage, runs from mid-June through mid-August 2019, and works approximately 20 hours per week with Rewire, TPT’s digital journalism initiative supporting young adults in their 20s and 30s. This enthusiastic, wildly creative individual is passionate about public media and leveraging mission-driven written and video content to reach young adults on the platforms they use daily to help them achieve a better life and a brighter future. Candidates must be currently enrolled in college or university program related to digital media, journalism, marketing or other job-related field.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Collaborate with Rewire’s editorial and audience development teams to develop innovative campaigns for our social media platforms
- Create graphics, gifs and video elements to accompany and promote Rewire’s written content on social media
- Write engaging copy for social posts and e-newsletters
- Research and present on developing conversations and trends
- Support social media monitoring and scheduling
- Planning and execution of one major project to be determined with hired candidate
- Must be currently enrolled as a student
- Interest in pursuing a career in digital marketing or media production
- Exposure to and enthusiasm for digital marketing ideals and best practices
- Strong familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress is desired
- Understanding and experience with social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Pinterest
- Exceptional computer application skills including Microsoft Office 2010 products and databases
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Exception attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
- Consistent attendance and punctuality
If you possess the necessary qualifications, please visit our Career Center at http://www.tpt.org/careers/job-openings/ to apply online.
Twin Cities Public Television is proud to be an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity / Veteran / Disability employer.
To apply for this job please click here.