Are you the life of the party, but also know how to be responsible and take your work seriously? Do you have a passion for live music and a strong interest in getting some real world experience? Then we may have an opportunity of a lifetime waiting for you…
Skyway Theatre, a prominent concert venue in downtown Minneapolis, is now accepting internships for college-level juniors and seniors (preferred) for summer 2019. We will coach you on the in’s and out’s of what it takes to market and operate a large scale concert venue as well as expose you to several different functions of the business. If you have a strong passion for live music, nightlife, talent booking, concert production, promotions or management–then you will fit in well here!
Interns must be able to work 1-2 or more shifts per week in our box office (unpaid) between 11am and 6pm weekdays AND at least one event (paid) every other weekend (usually Friday or Saturday late evenings/early mornings). Perks include real-world experience working in the music industry and FREE CONCERT TICKETS!
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Must be pursuing a degree in one of the following areas: marketing/advertising/promotions, music, communications, PR, event planning, graphic/web design, IT, hospitality, HR, audio engineering, sound/lighting production, business operations, management, entrepreneurship, journalism/creative writing, professional sports (or management), accounting or similar field. Will consider other fields of study on a case-by-case basis.
- Must live locally within a reasonable distance to the venue or be able to throughout the internship
- Must be in junior or senior-level status with a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Must be receiving college credit for the internship
- Must be able to commit to 10-20 hours per week for summer of 2019
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Web-savvy and avid users of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, WordPress, etc.)
- Must be organized, able to meet deadlines and be a self-starter.
- Having strong attention to detail is paramount in this role
- Priority will be given to those with positive, outgoing personalities and that frequently attend live concerts or events
- ***Graphic design or video editing skills are a big plus!
- DAILY: Answering the phone, checking voicemails, selling tickets, responding to emails, coordinating shipment deliveries
- Maintaining a consistent social media calendar between our several social channels
- Creating ad plans and placing ad buys via Facebook, Instagram, Spotify, Snapchat, radio and more (marketing/advertising interns only)
- Updating new and existing events on our website (WordPress)
- Constructing weekly email marketing campaigns (Mailchimp)
- Drafting press releases and sending to our media contacts
- Identify and engage with potential customers online
- Promoting events online and with the street team on-site
- Designing graphics for promotional assets (for those with design experience)
- Market research
- Building audiences for advertising
- Other tasks will vary, depending on the intern’s unique skill set and needs from management
FINAL PROJECT (For college-credit interns)
You will be given an event budget and tasked with producing the event from start to finish by using the skills you’ve developed in social media and grassroots marketing, promotion, advertising, planning and venue operations. You will be evaluated on your ability to carry out the event as well as how well the event performs.
- Free concerts
- Real world experience working in a high-volume concert venue
- Pay for working event shifts
- Top performers may be offered an assistant management position within the company after successful completion of internship
Skyway Theatre, 711 Hennepin Ave, Ste 513, Minneapolis, MN 55403
Box Office Hours: 11am – 5:30pm Monday thru Friday
Job Type: Internship
To apply for this job please click here.