Twin Cities Public Television
STEM MEDIA & EDUCATION INTERNSHIP
Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is offering a paid internship experience working approximately 20 hours per week for six weeks beginning in mid-June 2019. This position will assist the STEM Media and Education department in revising and improving the websites aligned with two long-running TPT science education series.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
TPT’s STEM Media & Education Department is seeking a motivated intern to assist in our effort to revise, update and enrich the Newton’s Apple and DragonflyTV on TPT.org. In partnership with key staff members within the STEM and Media Asset Management Departments, the selected candidate will locate and organize digital content, and will work with the Digital Marketing Specialist to integrate it into each site.
- Be currently enrolled as a student or recent graduate of a media studies program.
- Possess interest in pursuing a career in broadcast media, education, and/or digital media.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and prior experience with video production editing, Adobe Premiere Pro CC is preferred, but not required.
- Willingness to learn additional media-related software like ProTrack.
- Show attention to detail and time management.
- Have strong communication, research and organizational skills.
- Provide consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Able to work at a computer for prolonged periods of time.
If you have the necessary skills, please visit our Career Center at http://www.tpt.org/careers/job-openings/ to apply online.
ABOUT TPT: Founded in 1957, Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is one of the most innovative public media organizations in the country. Every day, TPT uses the power of media to advance the arts, spur learning, help young people succeed and help adults age vitally. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Twin Cities PBS is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veteran and Disability employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to [email protected]
To apply for this job please click here.