Saint Anselm College
Saint Anselm College, a private, liberal arts college in the Benedictine tradition, is seeking a full-time, year-round Assistant Director, Internships and Career Advising. Reporting to the Executive Director of the Career Development Center, the Assistant Director of Internships and Career Advising will provide services and resources to support student and alumni career development generally as well as career advising specifically in support of internships and additional experiential opportunities. Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide career advising through individual appointments, drop-ins, career workshops, programs, panels and events.
- In collaboration with team members, facilitate the four stage Career Pathways Program.
- Coordinate Economics and Business Department internships. In consultation with the Executive Director and additional CDC class instructors develop or refine syllabi, develop assignments and teach internship seminars and/or classes.
- Support students pursuing any credit bearing and non-credit bearing internships. Facilitate internship programs and develop resources to assist all students in securing and maximizing their internship experiences. Organize and with CDC colleagues, host Internship Coordinator meetings.
- Collaborate with team members, particularly Associate Director of Employer Relations, in efforts to identify and increase a diverse range of internship and full time opportunities. Develop relationships with alumni, employers and parents in order to increase student access to these opportunities.
- Facilitate CDC programming including career workshops, seminars, events and panels. Develop population specific content for presentations as needed.
- In collaboration with CDC team members serve as staff point person to develop and promote strategic marketing and communication plans to increase student engagement.
- Administer and interpret various assessment and career decision-making instruments.
- Participate in data collection and reporting for experiential learning (including internships), employment and graduate study.
- Serve as a CDC liaison to academic departments and offices such as Campus Ministry, College Communications and Marketing, Residence Life, Student Engagement and the New Hampshire Institute of Politics.
- Contribute to on-going departmental strategic planning initiatives.
Qualifications include a master’s degree with a minimum of one to three years of professional experience in student services or advising; preferably in career development. Requirements include demonstrated expertise in career advising and programming, excellent written and oral communication skills, and experience working with career management systems and on-line tools and resources. Understanding of and experience with various assessment tools is necessary. Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, demonstrated experience in creating partnerships with campus constituents is a must. Candidate must be attentive to details and successful at managing multiple projects. The position requires a positive and enthusiastic team player with a commitment to excellence in customer service. Some evening and weekend hours are required. A commitment to the values of a liberal arts education and willingness to support the Catholic and Benedictine mission and identity of the college are also required.
A cover letter and resume are required in order to be considered.
The successful candidate will be able to assist the College to further its strategic goals for institution-wide diversity.
To apply for this job please click here.