Atlantic Music Festival
Atlantic Music Festival (AMF) is a non-profit organization dedicated to the empowerment of classical musicians. From June 30 to July 28, 2019, hundreds of classical musicians from composers, conductors, instrumentalists to opera singers will gather at Colby College in Waterville, Maine to celebrate the works of musical masters.
AMF is seeking interns interested in gaining experience in arts administration, social media marketing, or production. Internships often require flexible hours. Interns will be assigned to specific areas of the festival, from the festival office, scheduling, stage management, and social media. The interns also have access to the festival’s many concert offerings.
Assigned interns will be under the supervision of staff, who will train them in the inner workings of a summer festival, including arts management, coordinating multiple elements, planning, managing artists, practicing effective customer service, and interacting with various participants and faculty.
The position is unpaid. However, the festival will provide a travel stipend of $400, in addition to housing and meals valued at $1600 for the duration of the festival season.
Responsibilities May Include
- Providing support to festival staff in scheduling, coordination, and planning of various activities
- Assisting in coordinating stage setup, props, and lighting needs for festival concerts and events
- Providing video/audio production support
- Provide assistance recording and editing footage from concerts, seminars, and rehearsals to the Chief Audio Engineer
- Disseminating press releases and advertising concerts on social media and community calendars
- Other responsibilities and tasks as needed
- Available for the full duration of the festival including staff training (June 27 – July 29, 2019)
- Currently a junior or senior year undergraduate student or higher
- A detail-oriented organized team player with oral and written communication, customer service, multi-tasking, and problem-solving skills
- Responsible, adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Competency in commonly used computer programs including Google Suites
- Musical training or experience in related administration, production, media tech, marketing, or festival setting a plus
- Possessing a valid driver’s license is a plus
- Housing and meals valued at $1600 for the duration of the festival season
- A travel stipend of $400
- Visit https://www.atlanticmusicfestival.org/get-involved/jobs/ and click “Apply.” We are unable to review applications submitted using any other methods including submissions via this website.
Job Type: Internship
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Other forms
To apply for this job please click here.