Alliance for Downtown New York, Inc
The Alliance for Downtown New York, Inc. is seeking a part-time, paid Communications & Marketing intern. The position would require no more than 23 hrs./week at $15/hour and be effective immediately. This is a prime opportunity for students pursuing a degree in journalism, public relations or marketing to gain experience in a nonprofit focused on Lower Manhattan’s success.
The mission of the Alliance for Downtown New York is to provide service, advocacy, research and information to advance Lower Manhattan as a global model of a 21st century Central Business District for businesses, residents and visitors. We nurture relationships with district businesses, restaurants and hotels to develop cultural, arts and events programs for a diverse audience.
You will be an integral part of the Communications & Marketing team and your opinions and thoughts will be valued. Please visit our website at www.DowntownNY.com for further organizational information.
- Compile daily press clips pertinent to the Downtown Alliance
- Assist with compiling and organizing event listings
- Draft written materials for publication and/or release, including blog posts, social media posts, marketing collateral and newsletters
- Assist in designing visual materials (video + static) for social media, marketing collateral, etc.
- Assist at events and news conferences
- Handle fulfillment of requests for collateral material for various Lower Manhattan constituents
- Work with members of the Communications & Marketing Team to support media requests
- Some lifting required (up to approximately 20 lbs)
- Pursuing a degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, and/or Marketing
- Exceptional written, verbal and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Literate in Google G Suite (includes Docs, Sheets and Email)
- Knowledge of graphic design programs or video editing a plus (Photoshop, Canva, iMovie, Premiere)
Please send cover letter, resume and one non-academic writing sample.
This position is eligible for overtime under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act for any hours worked over 40 in a workweek.
The Alliance for Downtown New York, Inc is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please click here.