Vine Publishing is a hybrid Christian book publisher that publishes books that inform, inspire and impact the world. We are a movement of Kingdom leaders who are committed to helping Kingdom authors change lives through the literary arts.
Before you read any further please note that we require a 6-8 months commitment.
- We are looking for an individual who loves to read and has excellent writing skills to read over author queries and to help with the editing and proofreading of books, blog content and the creation of social media content. This is an exciting opportunity for interns to work with authors, gain valuable experience and transferable skills in the publishing industry. Work remotely using Skype and Google Docs. We are looking for a long-term intern, and starting we will need an intern for 10-15 hours a week, but we expect the hours to increase over a period of time. The actual internship hours can vary and can be adapted to the requirements of your school’s internship program.
- TO APPLY:
Individuals interested in applying for this internship position can send resumes, writing samples, and a short cover letter introducing yourself.
- Read over author queries and make suggestions to the editor regarding the books you believe meet our vision and standards
- Assist the editor and help to proofread books, blog, and social media posts
- Brainstorm ideas and create blog and social media content.
- The right person should possess a strong understanding of AP style.
- Have a strong background in English.
- The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and time management skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be creative, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- The intern must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program in a field related to print publishing. Related fields include, but are not limited to, journalism, communications, English, publishing, and/or media studies
- To be eligible for this internship, you must be able to receive college credit. This internship a for-credit only and therefore it is unpaid.
- Commit to at least 10-15 hours per week.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $0.00 /hour
- AP Style: 1 year (Preferred)
- Editing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Remote/Work from home
To apply for this job please click here.