Do you know about all of the best bands before your friends do? Are you looking to get published with a byline on a music outlet? Do you go to concerts more than anyone you know? Can you write with energy, boldness, and a sense of humor? Are you obsessed with Twitter and Instagram? Do you read music websites every morning on the subway? Do you like every genre under the sun?
Bandsintown is looking for a summer intern to join the Content team in our New York City office. Our ideal candidate would answer “Yes” to all of the questions above. The Editorial Content + Events Intern will report to the Content Director and should be a creative, independent self-starter who is passionate about music, writing, and events. This internship is perfect for someone looking to learn more about the music industry, develop valuable relationships, and learn about working in a fast-paced environment.
The ideal candidate is interested in expanding skills related to the music industry, artist relations, digital and email marketing, event production, and editorial process. He/She should be forward-thinking, detail-oriented, organized, and passionate.
We are looking to teach about the music industry as a whole and to offer insight into what it’s like to work for a live music company. Candidates must be enrolled in an internship program through an accredited educational program. The Bandsintown Editorial Content + Events internship is unpaid for credit; at least 20 hours per week are expected.
- Researching, pitching, writing news stories
- Curating and maintain editorial and social media calendars
- Conducting interviews with bands
- Crafting and scheduling/posting social media pieces
- Fact checking
- Transcribing interviews
- Proofreading articles and eblasts
- Copywriting for eblasts
- Managing contact databases
- Brainstorming creative campaigns for social media and larger features for touring artists
- Attending live concerts
- Staying on top of pop culture trends
- Assisting with event production for shows around NYC
- You must be enrolled in an internship course for the term and eligible to receive credit for your time with Bandsintown
- Excellent written and communication skills and a dedication to publishing work, which is always of the highest quality, on tight deadlines
- Passion for music of all genres
- Experience with Google Drive and social media platforms
- Lives in greater NYC area (available to commute to midtown)
Not required, but a plus:
- Currently contributes to music blog or website
- Attends live shows several times per week
- Major in Music Journalism, Writing, Creative Writing, English, Marketing, Social Media, possible minor in Music
- Experience in conducting interviews
- Fun office atmosphere and friendly, rockstar coworkers
- Casual dress code
- Internship / Life balance
- Receive an internship ‘syllabus’ on your first day
- Ongoing check-ins with your internship manager
- Optional career development / resume review with Content Manager
- Work with a recognizable product / brand that music fans love
To apply for this job please click here.