FYID NYC is a global creative agency that specializes in brand development and strategy, talent representation, PR, event management, and content curation. We work with forward-thinking companies to execute an array of brand activations by connecting our clients with top, innovative talent. Founded in 2015 by journalist, photographer, and marketing guru, Imani Jones, the agency has bases in Milan and New York. The team consists of the industries top photographers, videographers, stylists, marketers, creative consultants and visual directors. We create concepts. We create ideas. We help you find you.
FYID is looking for an adaptable hard-working, decisive, and resourceful individual willing to join our marketing team in our NY office as an intern. Primary responsibilities of the role are to assist with the planning and execution of PR events, fashion shows, and photo shoot events. Core functions will include assisting with the execution of event programs and experiential research under the leadership of events manager. This person must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and not be afraid to roll up their sleeves. Our ideal candidate is creative, is organized, and has an attention to detail.
Answer general phone inquiries using a professional and courteous manner.Take accurate and detailed messages and direct to appropriate parties.Reply to general information requests with the accurate information.Welcome clients/suppliers/visitors to the office in a professional and friendly manner.
- Provide overall administrative support for management/staff.
- Use computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, Power Point, Gmail, Google Docs and other platforms to prepare and edit letters, emails, budgets, proposals, mailing lists and other documents.
- Complete general office tasks as necessary, including filing, proofreading, making calls and sending emails on behalf of management/staff.
- Prepare mailings including list maintenance in Excel, merging letters in Word, printing and fulfillment.
- Maintaining FYID client and vendor contact lists.
- Conduct research on venues, new vendors, potential clients, trends, and other subjects as needed.
- Purchase, receive and store the office supplies ensuring that basic supplies are always available.
- Prepare invoices and purchase orders as needed.
- Make travel, meeting and other arrangements for staff.
- Brainstorm and create social media postings for the FYID Facebook, Pinterest, and Instagram.
- Coordinate and schedule event volunteers and staff.
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment
Offsite event duties:
- Work evening and weekend events as needed – approximately 30 events per year.
- Receive and organize deliveries to event site.
- Assist management/staff with on-site tasks such as set-up, volunteer/staff management, guest check-in, event management, breakdown and load out.
- Event marketing experience preferred.
- Interest in existing and emerging trends in fashion, music, media/entertainment, arts, and pop culture.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, meticulous quick learner
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests
- Problem solver with a positive, can-do attitude who enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-energy, and rewarding environment
- Experience in creating digital media content
- Must have laptop
This position is part-time, 28 hours a week, and located in New York. Candidate must be available 4-days a week and willing to start immediately. HOW TO APPLY Applicants should have a demonstrated interest in fundraising and event planning. Please send a cover letter and resume titled “FYID Events Internship”
Job Type: Internship
To apply for this job please click here.