The content of this listing is in accordance with all applicable employment laws. While this is an unpaid internship we offer College or University credit.
Location: This internship is in New York City. You must be able to transport yourself to the work location.
Eligibility: You must be enrolled in an Undergraduate or Graduate degree program at the time of the internship. If you’ve graduated, we cannot accept your application.
Preferred Majors: Communications, Social Media, Arts & Media Management, Film, Video & Photographic Arts
Duration: Our unpaid Student Internship Program typically runs for a specified 10 to 12-week duration. Alternative start and end dates may be accommodated at the discretion of the business unit.
- Start: Monday, June 3, 2019
- End: Friday, August 9, 2019
- Weekly Internship Hours: This internship is part-time and required hours vary by business unit, however, the range is typically 15 to 20 hours per week for our Summer Cycle.
Intern, Social Media, NYC (Mission Concept: “Communicate Our Mission”)
This Mission Concept is for students who are strong public speakers, good writers, and savvy about social media. You want to be part of communicating the Red Cross mission behind-the-scenes, on-camera, in-person and online through media.
You will serve an integral role in supporting the Communications Department in conveying the work of the Red Cross to the organization’s constituents by assisting in social media management, tracking, and community engagement with multiple Red Cross social media accounts. You will learn from subject matter experts the policies and procedures in working with social media in a professional collaborative environment. You will learn how to create, monitor, and curate interesting and effective content for social media platforms–Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Flickr, Instagram, and others. Interns will also produce digital content (posts, photographs/captions, videos) to promote and raise awareness of Red Cross values, content, and activities on social media.
- Strong writing skills, with experience writing, formatting, and posting clear content – intern will be asked to submit writing samples
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Photoshop, iMovie, and Final Cut Pro X strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Web Analytics and data interpretation preferred
- Strong Photography/Videography skills preferred
Our Ideal Candidate: Our ideal candidate is a mission-focused Undergraduate or Graduate college student seeking a meaningful internship experience who has the following qualities:
- Detail Oriented
- Strong Communicator
- Team Builder/Player
- Strategic Thinker
- No-task-is too-small attitude
What You’ll Learn: In our region, you will enjoy a collaborative work culture committed to the diversity of our people, programs, and services. Along with training and mentoring from subject matter experts, your experience will include learning and development in:
- Relationship Building
- Organizational Management
- Nonprofit Management
- Volunteer Engagement, Management & Administration
- The Humanitarian Mission of the American Red Cross
- Cultural Competence and Inclusion
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
To apply for this job please click here.