City of Charlotte Aviation
The City of Charlotte Aviation Department is seeking an individual for the positions of Aviation Security (AVSEC) Intern. This individual will work under the supervision of the Security Operations Manager. Candidate must possess a high school diploma or equivalent, a valid driver’s license, and have completed or be enrolled in a recognized curriculum at an institution of higher education in pursuit of a 4-year degree (Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applicants for this position should have the ability to perform the following tasks:
- Pass a Criminal History Records Check (CHRC) and Security Threat Assessment (STA) in pursuit of an unescorted Airport Access Media
- Assist with conducting Airport vulnerability assessments using proven assessment techniques
- Observe and assess CLT aviation security practices and recommend process or policy improvements
- Assist with the communication of required Transportation Security Administration Security Directives and Program changes
- Read and interpret AVSEC policies and procedures
- Be proficient with computer hardware and software including Microsoft Office, email, and internet browser programs
- Work in indoor and outdoor environments
- Ability to work independently and accomplish assigned tasks with minimal supervision
This is a paid internship, pay is based on the year completed in higher education.
- The City of Charlotte provides a comprehensive benefits package to all employees.
- The City of Charlotte is a drug and alcohol-free workplace
How to Apply:
If you need assistance completing your online application, you are welcome to visit the City of Charlotte Human Resources Department lobby where we have workstations available.
Our office is located at 700 East 4th Street, Suite 200, Charlotte, NC 28202. Our hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (EST), excluding official City holidays. Anyone seeking an accommodation to apply for a job may call (704) 336-2285 for assistance or you may email questions to [email protected]
Conditions of Employment: The City’s Background Check Policy requires background checks to be conducted on final internal or external candidate(s) applying for any position with the City of Charlotte. The type of information that will be collected as part of a background check includes, but is not limited to: reference checks, social security verification, education verification, criminal conviction record check, and, if applicable, a credit history check, sex offender registry and motor vehicle records check.
Background checks must be in compliance with all federal and state statutes, such as the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). The checks must be consistent with the guidelines set forth by these laws requiring organizations to obtain a candidate’s written authorization before obtaining a criminal background report, motor vehicle records check or credit report; and to properly store and dispose of information derived from such reports.
Final candidates must pass a pre-employment drug-screening test. During the selection process, candidates may be asked to take a skills test, and/or participate in other assessments. The City of Charlotte is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please click here.