Harry & David
Harry & David is looking for a student interested in research and development in the bakery and confections arena for a paid Summer 2019 internship at our Medford, OR location. Our internship offers the chance to join one of Jackson County’s premier employers and apply their education and experience in a practical setting.
This intern will be responsible for supporting and assisting the R&D team with exciting projects and daily duties in a food production and plant environment.
Major responsibilities of the position are listed below. To perform the job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties, assignments and specific projects may be assigned at the discretion of executive management.
- Provide support to the R&D Managers in project research, data collection, and reporting.
- Assist with experiment execution.
- Make observations and provide feedback relative to experiments at all stages.
- Opportunity to conduct your own research as assigned by the Manager of R&D.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Willing to work at any level of project execution ranging from planning to clean-up and everything in between.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations, charts, reports and other types of correspondence and communication materials if the need arises.
Interviews will be scheduled in mid to late April, with offers extended by late May of 2019. This paid internship starts July 8th and will run through September 6th.
**End dates subject to change.
- Working towards a Bachelor of Arts/Science program, preferably majoring in Food Science, Chemistry or Biology or related field of study.
- Junior level student (or above) currently enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Strong analytical, project management and problem solving skills with proven ability to organize and analyze data.
- Be extremely focused and driven on learning and growth.
- Proficient to expert knowledge of Excel 2007 spreadsheets and graphs.
- Proficient to expert knowledge of PowerPoint and preparing presentations.
- Result-oriented, with demonstrated experience of balancing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills.
- Teamwork-oriented, dedicated to support the team.
- Ability to work within a collaborative and ambiguous environment.
- Demonstrated time-management and multi-tasking skills.
- Comfort with communicating with internal partners at all levels and as well as an external audience.
INDCH [Read more]
To apply for this job please click here.