This position will assist the Northwest Film Center’s Education Programs Manager in the production and promotion of Fresh Film Northwest, the youth component to the Northwest Filmmakers’ Festival. More about Fresh Film can be found here – https://nwfilm.org/festivals/ffnw40/
This position is for interns only.
Interested applicants must meet Museum-wide guidelines as well as those specific to their department of interest. Applicants may be undergraduate or graduate students as is appropriate to the conditions of specific internships. It is not compulsory for interns to have an art/art history major, although departments may individualize their requirements according to their needs. Internships can be available throughout the year with application deadlines and internship start dates determined by individual departments. Student internships are unpaid opportunities with the intern performing work for the Museum or NW Film Center for the purpose of training.
The duration of this internship is scheduled for June 2019 through November 2019 (flexible), with flexible hours working for approximately 10 hours per week. This position will close when filled.
- Reports to the Education Programs Manager and aides in coordinating many aspects of FFNW, including outreach to young filmmakers and arts organizations.
- Organizes entries to FFNW and maintains a database of submissions.
- Assists in development and sponsor relations.
- Assists in outreach to communities and organizations with the aim toward expanding audiences.
- Coordinate jury session(s).
- Effectively work independently with limited resources.
- Preference to those available to commit to work through the Northwest Filmmakers’ Festival in November 2019.
- Familiarity with a variety of online video and file sharing platforms (YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox).
- Familiarity with Google Drive applications.
- Familiarity with WordPress a plus.
- Interest in youth-made media and engaging with young filmmakers.
- Macintosh computer and Microsoft Office skills required.
- Must be 18 or older
- The position is eligible for a variety of perks such as free Museum admission, Gift Shop discounts, and screenings at the NW Film Center. Please see our website for more details.
To apply for this job please click here.