Kelly Strayhorn Theater
Kelly Strayhorn Theater is a vibrant and vital multi-arts presenter. We encourage, enable, and empower an entire spectrum of small- and medium-sized arts groups, which, in turn, enrich both the artistic climate of Pittsburgh and the economic development of East Liberty.
To provide knowledgeable assistance to leadership in the long-term fundraising strategy of the Kelly Strayhorn Theater. The experience of working in a real-time situation will complement the intern’s previous or current academic work in the arts, arts/non-profit administration, or fundraising.
10–15 hours a week as needed; determined by the Development Team
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Researching and supporting the Development Associate in grant writing
- Supporting the Development Associate in donor cultivation—assisting with managing and tracking relationships with current and prospective donors, setting up donor meetings, planning thank you gifts, and follow-up notes
- Providing assistance in donors database management
Preferred Skills & Orientation
- Interest in grant-writing, fundraising, communications, and/or administrative management
- Strong organizational skills—someone who is great at managing calendars, following up with contacts, etc.
- Attention to detail is required—both in tracking details or relationships, and in managing the details of complex grant proposals
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proven track record of generating results with one’s work and taking initiative
- Experience with Apple computers/Macintosh operating system
- Some proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
To apply for this job please click here.