DNP - Deseret News
Motion Graphics Artist and Video Editor Internship at Deseret News
Our company is committed to being trusted voices of light and truth reaching hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
This internship will challenge you to bring your best video/audio production, and motion graphic skills to bear. To be successful, you’ll need to find the proper balance between artistic storytelling and appealing to a broad audience.
You will gain experience being on a video team to carry a video from pre-production to production, to post-production. These videos will help build the Deseret News brand and be able to grow an audience on Deseret News social media platforms.
- Create fresh motion graphics that enhance the storytelling aspect of our videos
- Plan and produce video products both independent of and related to news reporting
You’re a good fit if you:
- Are working on a bachelor’s degree in journalism, film, or a related field of study, and/or relevant experience
- Thrive working closely with a team to deliver a project on time and under budget
- Spend 3-5 hours a week watching videos on YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram and Facebook
- Find yourself analyzing camera tech, shot composition, sound and lighting techniques, and storytelling devices and the filing ideas away in your mind for future reference/replication
You’re an even better fit if you:
- Know why Werner Herzog once boiled and ate a piece of his shoe
- Grew up reading newspapers and newsweeklies and now pay out-of-pocket for one or more print or digital news subscriptions
Please include 5 YouTube channels that inspire you and that you follow.
DeseretNews.com internships pay $10.00 per hour.
Fill out our online application and attach at least 2-3 writing samples.
You will join an energetic group of digital innovators who care deeply about Utah, journalism and the 168-year legacy of the Deseret News. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we are serious about working together to grow our business.
The best part of working at the Deseret News ‘ aside from having great colleagues ‘ is to fulfill an inspiring mission: To be trusted sources of light and truth influencing hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
The Deseret News is the oldest news organization in Utah and the longest continuously operating company in the Beehive State. It is a subsidiary of the Deseret Management Corporation, whose other media companies include Deseret Digital Media, Deseret Book, Bonneville International and Boncom.
To apply for this job please click here.